CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

hmmm. do i have a soundtrack?

so i've been thinking alot...well that is what a couple hours of church is for right? and out of the many things i thought about (like what i should wear this week, now that's a tough one and i'm still pondering that!) i kept thinking what would be the perfect song from my life. i mean there are just some people, granted you don't know much about them except the parts of themselves that they choose to let others see but, that you can look at and just know that there is a perfect song for them. it just pops into your head and then you wonder if that person would agree with you if they knew what you were thinking. and so the quest for the perfect soundtrack began. first i looked through my ipod, because anyone who knows me understands it is pretty much my life, and i had this theory that maybe your most played songs portrayed you. obviously i was wrong seeing as how my songs that are most played are the farthest away from my soundtrack. and then i had a revelation. what if your soundtrack isn't just one song but a medley. here is my list of songs that make up what should be on my soundtrack
#1-Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls : for the dying romantic inside of me that i'm having trouble understanding
#2-Collide by Howie Day: for the times when i just want to be by myself and not let the world in
#3-Dancing by Elisa: obviously the name draws me to it but i think there is something in there deeper than that, i think it portrays the vulnerability of my life, how subject it is to change, and how no matter how lost or hopeless i feel i can always return to my dancing.
#4-Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge: for the trusting, spontaneous, and crazy lover i hope to be
#5-Hum Hallelujah by Fall Out Boy: other than the totally random and carefree things that this song brings i love these lyrics: "The road outside my house is paved with good intentions, hire a construction crew cuz it's hell on the engines. You are the dreamer and we are the dream. i could write this better then you ever felt it. so Hum Hallelujah."
#6-Into the West from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: this song is like inspiration in like 5:46 for me
#7-Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown: to remind me that i am a white girl who was not born to do hip hop
#8-Le Festin by Camille: a beautiful french song that reminds me that there is so much to the world than Virginia
#9-Misery Business by Paramore: for the punk rock chick i wish i could be
#10-The Color of the Winds from Pocahontas: ok so its from my favorite disney movie and you have admit that this song is amazing if you really listen to it. follow your inner leaves.
#11-The Return from Spirited Away: shows the love and release of a relationship, i wish i didn't have trouble with letting go.
#12-Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings: for the crazy lovestruck teenager i want to be/will be/am.
#13- These Walls by Teddy Geiger: "Cuz everybody tries to put some love on the line, and everybody feels a broken heart sometimes. and even when i'm scared i'm have to try to fly. sometimes i fall but i've seen it done before, i'm gonna step outside these walls."
#14- Think Twice by Eve 6: for the person inside me who finds it so hard to just say that i'm sorry and for the person inside me that scared of committing and getting attached.
#15-Thriller by Micheal Jackson: for the lovely tacky 80's groupie that i am
#16-Oh, It is Love by HelloGoodbye: carefree and loving and peaceful and a sense of contentment, how i want to be

ok so through this i have realized that i'm kind of complex and that what people "pretend" to project to other people may have nothing to do with who they really might be. sometimes i wish so bad that i had a different life or i lived somewhere else or i loved different people or different things mattered to me but then i can step back and see that you know i wouldn't want it any other way because if i was different then i wouldn't truly be me.

1 flying purple people eaters:

i'm more like me said...

thats an amazing list
mostly filled w/ songs i dont know
but ally guess what song i heard when i went 2 my cuzin alison's myspace page
u guesed it
check yes juliet
i thought it was pretty much the most amazing song ever (i feel that way about many songs) and imediatly i went and got it
that song is well just so ummmmmm how i feel (if that doesnt sound dumb) :) ♥ (: